Parent Teacher Assembly
Parent & Teacher Fellowship functions for the promotion of the following objectives:
- To increase the parents' understanding of the school program
- To provide a time for parents and teachers to gain professional help through resource persons and other media.
- To develop unified goals and strategies for the benefit of the students.
There are at least two meetings held annually. They will be planned by the teachers with the oversight of the school board and welcome input and/or ideas from the parents.
Parents should feel free to contact the school any time they have a question. If a question arises, parents should speak to the faculty member involved. The CCA faculty shall not discuss school matters with anyone who is not part of the problem or part of the solution. Parents shall endeavor to resolve any grievances with the faculty member involved before taking that grievance to the principal, board member, or a third party. Parents should help the school faculty be at their best when in the classroom. Difficulties or problems should be discussed after the school day and not before or during the school day.
You, as parents, have one of the most important roles in your child’s education. Your attitude and involvement will often affect your child’s success and the success of the school. The school cannot operate without your support in work and prayer and for this reason we challenge all parents to make the following commitments:
- I will earnestly pray for Canon Christian Academy
- I will cooperate fully in the educational functions of CCA, doing my best to make Christian education effective in the life of my child that he may love and serve the Lord Jesus Christ in all of his life.
- I will pay all of my financial obligations to CCA on or before the due date. If I am ever unable to pay on time, I will notify the Board Treasurer in advance.
- I will support the school by gifts in addition to my tuition payments and fees, as the Lord enables.
- I will undertake the volunteer duties and responsibilities for CCA as opportunities arise and as God provides time and strength.
- I will recommend CCA to other people as opportunities arise.
- I will attend meetings and parent functions of the school regularly.
- If I become dissatisfied with the school in any respect, I will seek to resolve the matter with the teacher or staff member involved rather than begin to speak criticism or hold a negative attitude in my heart. I won’t criticize rules or guidelines that are established by the school, because this destroys the authority of the school and limits the help the school can give my children. I will seek to apply Matthew 18 in all situations.
- I will seek the advancement of CCA in all areas – spiritually, academically, and physically. As a CCA parent, I recognize it is my privilege and responsibility to strive toward observance of this as God enables me by the power of the Holy Spirit.